Monday, October 26, 2009

realign

"the point of your life is to point to Him." - francis chan, crazy love

listen to this song. don't just click play and listen passively while you browse through facebook or read emails. stop the distractions. close your eyes if you need to. for the next four minutes, focus on the message. focus on the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPs-2hn5ZOg

if my life could exude such serene surrender to God with every element of its brief existence, how much sweeter would it be to live it. but instead i find myself stressing and worrying and rushing and forgetting the point. how devastating that i should waste one breath of my vapor of a life not praising the One who paid such a high price to allow me to keep breathing.

"take my heart, i lay it down
at the feet of You whose crowned
take my life, i’m letting go
i lift it up to You who’s throned

and i will worship You, Lord
only You, Lord
and i will bow down before You
only You Lord

take my fret, take my fear
all i have, i’m leaving here
be all my hopes, be all my dreams
be all my delights, be my everything

and it’s just You and me here now
only You and me here now

You should see the view
when it’s only You"

david crowder: "only You"

No comments:

Post a Comment